Friday, November 14, 2008

What a night!

I thought I was done getting up every hour or so during the night since our youngest is almost 4 years old, but I guess I was wrong...I forgot to take in account a puppy. Our dog, Dixie (who is around 7 months old), has been a great dog. She recently graduated from sleeping outside in a crate in the garage to sleeping inside because she can now hold her pottying until morning. Last night something went wrong with her. We always take her out before we go to bed, and she'll be fine 'til morning (she sleeps all night). Last night was a different story. She was in and out of our room every few minutes. She started jumping all over the bed, then she'd jump down, then back up again, then lay down on the bed, then jump down, and back up again, run out of our room, then back in, etc...(just keep repeating over and over). She has never done this before...she doesn't even sleep in our room. So we thought, my word, she has to pee again...come on!! We both got up on different occasions and took her out. She even went into Trinity's room and woke her up. So, when I get up this morning, I found what the problem was....halloween candy!! I walked into the living room and the whole rug was covered in candy wrappers of all kind. I'm talking whole Kit Kat bars, suckers, and every candy imaginable because we had it all (she even broke into the little playdough containers that were in the bag). Zion had left his candy bag on the couch, and Dixie helped herself to most of it. It must have given her the biggest sugar rush ever!! Then all the jumping around and craziness made perfect sense. Although it was funny, I still mumbled dirty things to her as I vacuumed up the mess this morning. I wish I would of thought to get a picture...I was too mad to think about it at the time. I just hope all the chocolate (which is not good for dogs) doesn't hurt her. The moral of the story is anything that Dixie can reach, Dixie will eat. So, put all valuables (such as candy) in a safe spot or there will be none left...and then maybe we can get a good nights sleep.

1 comment:

CristyLynn said...

Thanks for the laugh, Kelly! I must say that I am sorry that this happened to you, but I'm glad that after the fact you could smile about it. At least maybe now you know how to prevent this from happening again!

I have really enjoyed reading your thoughts and reading about what's going on with y'all on that side of the globe. Thank you for starting your blog!