Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Infestation of Germs

We have had another round of sickness go through our family. Once the first person shows any signs of sickness, I know we'll all be sharing in the germs for the next few days. Micah came home from school Friday with a headache. When my kids say they have a headache (which is pretty rare), I know they are on the brink of sickness. And I was right...Micah threw up Friday night after supper. Saturday was a good day. We spent the day in Concord, NC looking at campers which we all enjoyed. But, Trinity started complaining of a headache, so I knew the germs had spread. Micah was already feeling better because it seems to last only one day. Everyone was still fine on Sunday, and we went to church. But, Sunday night Trinity starting throwing up, so I slept on the couch to help her. And in the meantime, Zion woke up with the same thing. Nothing like changing sheets and cleaning up vomit at 3 a.m. Poor Zion had thrown up all in his bed and continued the fun all the way down the stairs. (gotta love that mess). So, needless to say, Trin & Z stayed home Monday from school. Then, Bobby & Caleb got the bug Monday night which meant no school for Caleb Tuesday. Caleb is my sound sleeper...actually he is a sleep walker. Many a time I have found him wondering around our house fast asleep. So, he got up Tuesday morning and was dressed for school before I even got up. I told him he couln't go to school after being sick the night before, and he didn't remember a thing. He had slept thru the throwing up and me changing his sheets and clothes. (I guess if you are going to be sick, that is the way to do it) Anyway, I think we are all well now. Everyone is back to work and school. I hope we are getting all the sickness out of the way early on this season, and we'll be done with it...but I guess time will tell.

2 comments:

CristyLynn said...

Sounds like there's one more person who has to get it--Mom! Hope you stay healthy, Kelly!

Debra LaTour said...

I think Mom's deserve a special immunity to all bugs, colds and flus, since they have to take care of all the not so fun messes. But til then, I have something to look forward to :) Sorry to hear you were all sick. Glad you are all feeling better!