Have I mentioned lately that I hate the dentist?!? If not, let me tell you that I offically hate going to the dentist! I don't know why, but I dread my appointments. I have been to the same dentist since I was a child, and he is great. (Bobby now goes to him and loves him too) He is always very gentle and is a very sweet man, but that doesn't make my experience any better. I have my teeth cleaned every six months and always dread that, but I especially hate it when I have cavities to be filled, like yesterday. I have said and will say again-- I would rather be in labor and birth a child than go have cavities filled. I know that sounds extreme, but that is where my fear of dentists has taken me. I hate the smells, sounds, and tastes of the dentist...it makes me nauseous thinking about it.
So, on with my woes....I had an appointment yesterday to have FOUR cavities filled (actually two were re-doing fillings from when I was a child). And lest you think I don't take care of my teeth...I do brush regularly, but I don't floss like I should, and I'll admit that. Anyway, there were three on my bottom right and one on my top right that they were filling. So, guess how many shots I had?? TEN!! They had to keep re-numbing me because I kept filling pain. Now, I am tough, and I think I have a high pain tolerance, but tooth pain takes it to a different level for me. Well, after two hours of sitting in the chair with my mouth propped open (that's another story--my jaw locks open sometimes, and it is painful to keep my mouth open that wide for long periods), I thought all was well...until the numbness wore off. Then I realized that my right teeth closed properly, but my left side didn't meet now. That probably doesn't sound too bad, but it is the weirdest, most uncomfortable feeling. So, I am going back to the dentist today to get it fixed. I hope today's appointment goes much better than yesterday.
O.K. that is the end of my woes...but let me announce again in case you missed it....I hate going to the dentist!!
4 comments:
I know! I think there's A LOT of east coast family I still haven't met, but have heard about!
Thanks for the note & I'm looking forward to reading up on you guys! ♥
KELLLYYYY!!!! Ahhh dang it Jessica BEAT me!!???... WOW it’s great to hear from you! I will have to spend some time reading up on yer blog!!!
Thanks! Yeah I guess I must be the only LaTour to have kids/kid after 30… …Just a late bloomer I guess. I can’t wait to check out your blog and pics. Hope everything is going for you and Bobby and the fam! Tell him I said hi!!!
I am right with you on this dentist thing. One thing that ours told me is caffeine can keep you from numbing up right, just something to keep in mind if you drink as much coffee as I do. Also, on a rainy overcast day, you will need more shots. Just something he reminds me of when he knows I have to come in because he knows how bad I hate it!
Thanks Jessica & Dan!! So good to be in touch with you guys. Can't wait to see baby pics soon!! =)
Shelly--I didn't know about the caffeine thing or weather. I definitely had some caffeine (you know I drink lots of coffee) so that may have had something to do with all the shots. I'll remember that next time!! Good to hear from you!!
Post a Comment