Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Time

I've come to the conclusion that it is not as fun to take Christmas decorations down as it is to put them up. I need to start undecorating, but I'm really not in the mood. I want to leave them up a while longer...maybe this weekend I'll get to it. I know when I take it all down, I've got to clean really good because the needles from the tree gets everywhere. And cleaning doesn't sound appealing to me right now...what am I talking about...cleaning never sounds appealing!!
Anyway, we had such a great Christmas...busy, but great. I am thankful that our immediate family live close by, but it makes for a busy time seeing everyone. I now need a day or so off work to get over Christmas vacation. We celebrated with Bobby's family for a Christmas Eve brunch, then off to my Papa's that night, then my family for Christmas lunch. My grandmothers birthday is Christmas day. So, we all went to see her in her rehab place. Then Bobby's family had a Johnson family gathering the day after Christmas for lunch. We enjoyed seeing family from PA, SC, and other NC areas...so fun!! (wish ya'll lived closer by!!) Saturday we had our senior high teens over for a party. So, we were celebrating for quite a few days...which has been fun but tiring!
I've come to another conclusion...the kids always get way to much!! Because of that, we decided to start buying our kids one big "toy" to share and then just a couple of small things they would use. This made for a lot less stress and better use of our money. They got a fooseball table for their big gift (that we found for a great price on craigslist), and we have had a few family battles so far.
I am now feeling a little of the after Christmas blues. You shop and plan for weeks, and then it is all over. Now back to the old routine. Maybe that is why I want to leave the decorations up a little longer...I'm not ready for the old routine yet!!
The Family


Christmas Morning

The LaTour Clan

2 comments:

Dan LaTour said...

Those pictures are great! Thanks! Good choice on the Foosball table.

Cassie said...

I used to go to ACS. So is Bob & Jane you're parents or other family?
It's so weird seeing them lol. I haven't been there since 5th grade which was '99. Lol It's great to see them doing well.