Monday, December 15, 2008

Nine Days and Counting...

I can't believe how quick the days are going. Is it really 9 days til Christmas?? I just realized it had been a week since I wrote anything...so here is the update on our week. We are busy, busy with all the things associated with Christmas. Tuesday was the day I was home with Trinity sick. By Wednesday, Caleb & Micah had the crud so they were out sick on Thursday. Friday all were better and were back to normal...thank the Lord!!! My grandmother had hip surgery Wednesday (from where she fell at mom's house). She got moved Saturday to a rehab facility and is doing fairly good (although still in some pain). When you think of us please remember her in prayer.
I actually got 75% of my shopping done Friday night. My plan was for Bobby to stay home with the kids and let me have about 2-3 hours to focus directly on shopping, but you know how my plans usually work out. He called and said he had no clue when he would be home. He suspected not until the next day sometime. So, the kids & I hit the shops together. We went to Walmart, Target and ToysRUs. And I want to say they behaved themselves so nicely. It was actually a treat to shop with them, which was wonderful! I even had a family at ToysRUs to compliment them on their behavior. WooHoo!!! I think it is good for them to see that people do watch and notice their behavior, whether good or bad. Then, Saturday we had our last parade that the kids were all in. Bobby still wasn't home from work (he actually had to work 24 hours over....literally...felt so bad for him), so I went and supported them.
Anyway, all in all a good weekend. I am going out to eat & exchange gifts tonight with the girls from work which I am looking forward to. And then we have another Christmas get together tomorrow night. So, we are partying hard and eating good which goes hand in hand with this time of year. Oh, and also not to leave her out....our dog Dixie got spade today...poor girl. I hope she's not mad at us!!
I feel like this post is a big run-on sentence, but that really is how our life has been the past week...on the go constantly...but I wouldn't trade it for anything. That is what memories are made of!

1 comment:

CristyLynn said...

I love your flexibility AND that someone acknowledged the work that you and Bobby have lovingly done in raising your kids!