O.K. This is the worst I have ever procrastinated. I am still not finished Christmas shopping...and we are two days until Christmas. I am going out tomorrow to wrap it all up (literally), and I just pray that the shelves are not barren and Bobby is not called into work. Why do I wait to the last minute?? I have found that there is so much going on at this time of year that I literally live from day to day (and project to project). That is not an excuse though...I should have started earlier with the shopping.
I already know what my New Year's resolution is going to be...I will become more organized. Before kids I was somewhat anal about things (notice I said somewhat...I've never been completely anal). My clothes were completely ironed and everything had an order to it. Somehow in the midst of four kids I lost some of my organization skills. My solution...I need a notebook!! I've got to write down what all I have to do for each kid. I have a drawer in my kitchen that I keep all important papers (homework assignments for the week for each child, papers that must be signed and returned, IMPACT club books (our AWANAS), etc). But, I realized that a stack of papers does me no good. If I can't see it then I don't remember I have to do it (and I can only see the paper on top). So, I will be getting a notebook/organizer to keep track of all that needs to be done. I'm hoping this will help me in many ways. Sometimes I feel like I am a day late and a dollar short, but I've realized I'm not alone. I will be better organized in 2009...this will be one resolution that I'll stick with.
No comments:
Post a Comment