Friday, December 05, 2008

Christmas Chaos

Well, we've got another busy weekend!! I love the Christmas season, but it gets so busy that I really don't think we enjoy it like we should. We are in the middle of the Christmas chaos now at our house. Our school has a float in 3 parades this year. Tonight is the first one...and it is a night one...the Mebane parade. We've never been to it before so it is a little exciting. Caleb & Micah are wise men on the float and Trinity will be walking and singing. Zion was supposed to be baby (toddler) Jesus, but he came home sick today from school. So, there will be a replacement for him tonight, and hopefully he'll be able to be in tomorrow morning's parade in Graham. We'll just have to see (and we're praying the sickness doesn't get passed on). Next Saturday they'll be in the Gibsonville parade. Caleb & Micah are switching it up and being shepherds in this one. They are really excited since this will be a first for them. We hope to meet up with some friends from church to watch the parade (which always makes it more fun), and then we are all having hot chocolate at school after the parade. Tomorrow we have our Christmas outing at work. We are going to Old Salem for lunch and a tour. So, we'll be there most of the day tomorrow. It should be a fun time with adult conversation without worrying about the kids. (well, that is if Zion is feeling better and we can leave him--they always get sick at the worst times, but it's not like they can help it) I hope to relax a little Sunday and start mapping out a plan for Christmas shopping. And then Monday I've got an ornament exchange party at my house...and I am almost done with the ornaments. I pushed it to the limit this year by waiting a little to late. But, they will all be done right and on time, I think!! ;) Somewhere during the weekend I've got to squeeze in some time for cleaning or the people coming to the ornament exchange will have a rude awakening when they enter my house. O.K., now I'm tired just thinking about it all. All in all it looks like it will be a fun weekend...if only Zion will be feeling better soon!!

No comments: