Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Only a Child of Mine

I have become known to say on many occasions that nothing surprises me anymore. Seriously. It would take a very monumental thing to cause me to say "wow, I didn't expect that." Between my husband and kids, I have learned to go with the flow and let things just roll off my back. (I had to learn to...I had no choice) ;) I need to sit down and write all the things that they have done...I know they won't believe me when they get older. But, I was a little surprised to find that Micah has been pulling out his hair (in a nervous twitch sort of way). He has always played with his hair since he realized he had hair. Usually he would squish a little chunk together and just tap the end of the chunk. He does it without thinking about it. It started as a thing that he did when sleepy, but it graduated to just a comforting twitch. The funniest place I've seen him do it was in the middle of a soccer game. I thought it was adorable, but it kind of showed that his mind wasn't quite on the game (which daddy didn't like). But, now he moved beyond just playing with it to pulling it out. He has a chunk of hair missing!! And when you feel the hair around it, it feels like burnt hair (very coarse). So, I have told him he is fine to play with his hair but you gotta stop pulling it out. His hair had gotten kind of long on top, so I thought buzzing it would hide the chunk missing and stop him from pulling on it. Well, after I cut it (as you can see from the before/after picture), I think it made it look worse. I didn't realize it was that big of a bald spot. Oh well, it's just hair. I hope it grows back in, but if it doesn't he has a great story to tell his kids when he gets older.





No comments: