Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Could Anything Else Go Wrong??

Have you ever one of those days where everything that could possibly go wrong does?? I don't have them very often, thankfully, but yesterday was my day. I work two half-days along with 3 regular days during the week and yesterday was supposed to have been my half day. Our ornament exchange was last night and I had to get the house cleaned and all ready for that. The original plan was me working my normal Monday half-day, come home and help get homework done, then Bobby would come take the kids out for supper and get them out of the way, and I'd have plenty of time to get everything done without stressing. The plan changed first when mom asked me to work a switch days and work a full day, which was not a big deal. I thought if Bobby comes and takes the kids out of the way, I can still get it all done just fine. Plan change #2: Bobby called from Wilmington around lunch and said there was no way he was getting home before the party started....What?!? I actually was proud of myself. I said I'd go get McD's and place the kids upstairs to stay while I got it all set up downstairs. Plan change #3: Mom called me at work to say my grandmother (who lives with my parents) had fallen and she was calling an ambulance to come get her, and Trinity was asleep on her couch sick. So, I left work a little early to go get the kids out of the way and see what I could do to help. We later found out she had broken her hip and is having surgery today (and also split open her head which needed stitches). I took the kids home and started helping get homework done and the ususal after school stuff out of the way so I could get on with preparations. Meanwhile, Trinity was screaming with her head hurting...no tylenol would help at all, and I couldn't do anything to help her (I felt so helpless...to hear your child in pain and you can't fix it). Next plan change: she threw up all over the couch (I hadn't got a trashcan beside her in time). She then fell asleep on the couch and there was another accident on the couch from the other end. I cleaned, scrubbed, and cleaned some more all the while thinking can anything else possibly go wrong!?! I wanted to scream!!! But, you know what, I got it all done in plenty of time. Bobby came walking in the door with the first guest, so he was able to keep the kids upstairs during the party. The ornament exchange party was wonderful!! I always love seeing what everyone makes, and the food was excellent. I wish I would have gotten a picture of the food table...we literally couldn't have fit anything else on the table. I did take pictures of the ornaments we exchanged. The pictures don't do them justice (and I didn't take the time to put them all on here), but they were all beautiful!! I had a great time and it was nice to sit down and relax after such a stressful day!!! I am thankful that days like these are few and far between!!! Please join me in praying for my grandmother and my mom today...it is going to hard on the both of them for different but obvious reason.







2 comments:

CristyLynn said...

I'm glad the day ended better for you. We'll definitely be praying for your grandmother and mom! Please keep us posted.

Jessica LaTour said...

But it sounds like you're amazing at keeping it all together. After a day like that, I'd probably be the maturity equivalent of a toddler.