We've had a lot of things going on this past week, so this blog is a little of this and that. We went Memorial Day to see an older family in our church. I was best friends with their granddaughter growing up and have been to their house before, but I had never been in his workshop to see all his handiwork. Talented is an understatement when it comes to Allen Vestal. Bobby had talked to him on many occasions about everything he makes, and we've wanted to go see it all for a while now. So, we just took the time to do it. He and his wife are such dear people, and we so enjoyed visiting with them. He reminds me of my grandfather who I greatly miss and wish our children could have met. The kids were in awe of all the things he had made (grandfather clocks, airplanes, play guns, chairs, offering plates, doll house equipped with all the furniture...you name it and he can make it). And he of course had such good stories to tell--they all stood and listened intently. His sense of humor is priceless! What fun it was to finally go see them. We all came away with "goodies" that he made that we will treasure!!

We had our awards night last night at church to wrap up another year of kids ministry. We no longer do AWANAS, but they are now in IMPACT clubs which they enjoyed. We were proud of them for learning as many verses and catachisms as they could. I believe it will not return unto them void.



We've got a new pet at our house...a unwanted pest I should say. Actually, as much as I detest snakes, I know black snakes are the good ones...the ones who take care of your mouse problems. I just can't make up my mind if I'd rather have snakes or mice. This snake has taken residence under our home for now. I'm sure next time we see him he'll be much larger...yuck!!!!
When daddy mows the lawn, he never does it by himself. There is always one if not two kids riding with him. On this day, Zion got lulled to sleep by the humming and bumping of the lawn mower. I thought it was too cute not to take a picture.
Our kindergarten graduation was Tuesday night. Our neice Olivia graduated this year and we are very proud of her. Trinity and Zion's classes also sang a few songs for the program. They all did a great job...and again it brings a tear to my eye. Congrats Olivia!!
2 comments:
What a fun catch up post. I love the pictures with the V's! I miss them so much! Please give them hugs for me when you see them again, they are such a wonderful couple!
I will definitely pass on a hug for you. They are just a precious couple!!
Post a Comment