Monday, May 18, 2009

40 Years and Counting...

Alamance Christian School (which is Bobby & my alma mater and also the school our kids are attending) celebrated their 40th anniversary this past weekend. So much fun!! We started out with a banquet on Friday night. It was so great to see alumni that you haven't see in ages...although I wish we could have seen even more. Also, Bobby & I got to see our 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Tester, who actualy remembered us both (or at least said she did) ;0) They had a testimony time at the banquet for everyone to just relay their appreciation for the school and the faculty/staff there. I don't think there are words to express our appreciation to them. We both went there from kindergarten (Bobby may have come around 1st grade) thru 12th grade, and what do you say to those who have helped you become who you are today. We are priviledged to have all our kids at ACS today, and am so thankful for the teachers they have had. I see the love they have for each student, and I appreciate not only what they are being taught but how they are being taught.

On Saturday we had a fun day at the school for all the families. Again...so much fun!! The weather looked rather bleak for the day and I honestly thought they were not going to be able to have it outside. But, thank the Lord...no rain until we were cleaning it all up. The kids had an absolute blast. All kinds of games, blow up jumpy things (don't know the technical term), food, face painting, pony rides and more --truly a fun day!













Zion checking out the firetruck.


Trin was afraid of the Chick-fil-A cow (thus she is sitting in the background), but Zion & mom thought he was rather cool!

Trin & Z loved the pony rides!!

Sugar, sugar and more sugar....Jack & Zion were eating it up!! Cotton candy, sno-cones, popcorn, hotdogs...yummy!!

The alumni soccer game went really well. All the "oldies" got to re-live their youth. It was fun to see them all, and I know they enjoyed playing together again....although they probably paid for it the next day with sore bodies. You know you are getting old when you have to go get a brace, take multiple ibuprofens and rub bengay all over just to play a game....but I think it was worth it, at least for Bobby. I still can't believe we been out of school for over 15 years....talk about feeling old!!


No comments: