Why can't it be fun? Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I don't have time to go to classes with friends--I'm sure that would help in accountablility and the fun factor. I've got to do it at home. We walk as a family just about every night, but really that isn't enough. We have an elliptical machine that we purchased a couple of years ago...and I've decided this has to be my form of exercise. There wasn't a whole lot of thinking involved--free and already at the house. Maybe I need to look into a workout DVD, but I don't think I'd stick with it by myself unless I absolutely loved it.
Anyway, let me confess how out of shape I am. I actually started working out with the elliptical a couple of weeks ago. Yeah, I did it for two days straight and then quit....but I really am going to start back up again. Just gotta get motivated. The first night I got on it I thought I was going to die. My legs were killing me after 30 seconds, literally. I decided 5 minutes was a good length of time that night. And when I was done, I was hurting...could barely walk downstairs to go to bed. I did it the next night for 6 minutes (I upped it by a minute which was rather good for me), and then that was it. I found some excuses to not do it from then on out. But, the laziness stops here. Bobby & I have been dieting for a few weeks now, and we both are doing very well eating right and loosing the weight. But, now I need to tone as I loose. As much as I love to eat (and I LOVE to eat), I'd rather diet than exercise, but I know I need to do both. So, this blog is an incentive for me to actually do the exercise instead of talking about it and looking at the elliptical. "They" say it takes 28 days of doing something to form a habit...so let's see if I can form an exercising habit.

4 comments:
Me too! It's such a pain!
You can do it, Kelly! Just think how glad you'll be when those 28 days are over. Is it possible to put in a movie or something while you're on the elliptical to help pass the time?
You go,girl!! If we were closer we could do it together! Cause I HATE it too! Keep us posted! ;)
I so relate to this! Recently, a friend talked me into doing a DVD program called Power 90 (an easier version of P90x, if you've heard of that). I've been doing it for 33 days now (it's a 90 day program) and I have to say it's working! Josh ended up deciding to do it with me and that helps a TON! I think my favorite thing about it is that it alternates a day of cardio/ab work with sculpting/weights. So it's not too monotonous. =)
If you're interested, facebook me and we can chat about it!
Post a Comment