Friday, April 24, 2009

That's My Boy!

Caleb was in the NCCSA Fine Arts competition this year which was a first for him. From what I saw it started with 3rd grade. He was in the humorous poetry category. He did so good!! His poem was "No Girls Allowed." (which was a perfect poem for him) Bobby & I were able to go watch him perform his poem and we couldn't be any prouder. We both teared up (yes I said both--I think he'd admit to it) watching him. If you don't have kids it is hard to explain the feeling...so proud, and happy, and thankful for him that you can't control your emotion. He was rather nervous, but thankfully he is much like his father in the speaking area. You couldn't have paid me enough as a child or even now to get in front of a group and perform a poem...it makes my stomach turn just thinking about it. Anyway, great job Caleb!! We are so proud of you!!



Oh, and I have to add the picture with his first place ribbon. He told Bobby he wanted to find a special place to put it because he was going to keep it forever. Then he said..."This is the best day of my life." How funny is that!! I think he shocked himself that he accomplished it and did so well. He is such a ham!!

1 comment:

Robert McDorman said...

good job caleb! you'll make a great basilean eagle!