Wednesday, April 22, 2009

We've Got Robin Eggs

We've got a new "project"--we are keeping watch over a robin and her eggs. We found the empty nest last week. Sunday we found eggs in the nest. So Sunday afternoon the kids took our camera out to get pictures of the eggs and hopefully the momma bird who made her nest rather low in one of my mom's trees. Side Note: They know not to get to close and never to touch the eggs. Well these pictures were the result...rather good for a child photographer if I say so myself. We looked yesterday and there is another egg, so now a total of four. We had a nest last year on our front porch and documented the hatching of the eggs...which I'm sure we'll do again this year. They (which includes me too) love watching the mom feeding the little birds and then they learn to fly...so cool!!







3 comments:

Dan LaTour said...

Don't let Bobby know he'll make an Robin omelet, ha haa. That's pretty cool. There is a birds nest outside Jordan's window. At first I though it was cool and like the some of them but all the chirping is starting to get old. Before I forget the day Debra went into labor we planted tomato plants per your suggestion to plant something. That amongst a dozen other things in order to coax him out. Looks like it worked.

CristyLynn said...

Those are good pictures! Great job!

Cassie said...

awwwww...I LOVE it!! I cant believe how BLUE those eggs are!! I look forward to seeing the progress in pictures!