Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Funny

I love to hear what comes out of the mouth of our children. Bobby & I are always nudging each other to see if we really heard what we thought we heard. Most of the time we heard right. I thought I'd share a couple and make it funny Friday.

My mom bought all the kids notebooks of their own to write & draw in. They treasure things that are exclusively theirs because most things get shared by all. Anyway, Trinity and Zion were having a conversation yesterday at lunch talking about their notebooks. Trinity says it is her diary. You can probably guess what Zion calls his notebook...or maybe you can't if you don't have small children who are obsessed with bowel functions. Well, he calls it is diarrhea. Only a kid of ours...but I thought it was hilarious. I did correct him only to be corrected once again by him that no it isn't a diary it is a diarrhea.

Also, Caleb, who let me say is a very smart child, had what we call a lapse of judgment, I guess. We just went to Ohio over spring break and this happened while I was packing for the trip. Caleb came up to me obviously thinking intensely and worried a bit. He asked about where we were going. I told him Ohio--the state you did your school report on this year...remember?? And his reply was, "They do speak our language there, right?" I guess to kids another state seems so far away that they can't possibly speak English. I think our kids need to travel more.

Have a great weekend everyone! It is going to be sunny and in the 70's here...so we'll hopefully spend most of it outside!!

1 comment:

Dan LaTour said...

LOL... Those are great. How could you not have four little comedians with Bobby's influence.