Thursday, March 15, 2012

Yay for Breaks!

The weather this week has been wonderful. High 70's to low 80's and gorgeous! Although I'm beginning to think we've now skipped our spring time & moved straight to summer...but I will not complain since the winter, I believe is behind us.  We've had a busy week this week...nothing new in that--just lots going on with the seven in our family.  So when we had a free afternoon mid week & needed some good, quality family time, we decided to go to a nearby park to hike, have fun, & get away for a short bit.  A walk thru the woods is therapeutic-- it will help to clear your mind & bring things back into perspective.  (well, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but I know I needed this break from routine more than I even knew.)

The kids were obviously ready to play & get some energy out.





The mini-waterfall that's part way thru the hike is like a littletreat.  Bobby gave the kids the okay to get in the water. Micah & Zion were the only two to take him up on the offer.  Zion stayed safe with just the feet since the wet rocks were very slick, but Micah got all the way into the freezing coldness.  Who cares that we have no change of clothes & we're going out to eat after our hike...I mean, hey, you only live once, right? :)









Dixie enjoyed the park as much as we did.  You can see the smile on her face & happiness in her eyes as she is running on the trails.


It's so hard when the weather turns nice to keep the kids' focus on school.  Thankfully we can see the finish line in the near future & in the meantime we'll keep having little afternoons of fun until the real summer break begins.

No comments: