Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Heart of Thanks

Thanksgiving is an absolutely wonderful holiday.  Who doesn't have something to be thankful for?  And add to that all the delicious food...one can't go wrong there. Our family has so much to thank God for.  If I started listing everything, this post would be way too long.  First and most important I am thankful for my salvation.  That seems very trite to say, but to comprehend what salvation entails should send us to our knees in awe & thanksgiving many times a day (and not just on Thanksgiving).  Secondly, I am thankful for my family.  I have the best husband I could ask for, and the kiddos are ranked right up there too. And of course we've both got wonderful extended family too.  And this is where the list could go on...health, church, friends, everyday provisions that we sometimes take for granted, etc.  Blessed is definitely an understatement!

On Thursday we ventured over to my parents home for lunch.  Afterwards, Bobby & I decided that this year's food was the best ever.  Everyone brings a few things, but mom does the bulk (ham & turkey, desserts, dressing).  It was absolutely delicious!  It will be hard to beat it next year.





The weather was gorgeous!  As you can tell it was warm enough for the kids to have on shorts & t-shirts...which makes for a fun time of play outside.  A little of riding scooters, a little football, and a little playing with all the dogs, throw in some board games...a relaxing day of family fun.








I don't know how much longer my grandmother will be here, but we are very thankful to spend another holiday with her. 


 Then, on Friday it was off to Bobby's parents home for another lunch of deliciousness.  Once again the food was wonderful and was definitely enjoyed by each one.



We have to eat in shifts to make room for everyone, and the kids went on the first go round. 

Papa & MeeMaw with all 12 grandkids...a blessed family indeed.

No comments: