6th grade is a big deal these days. Not only do they go on regular field trips, but they get to go on an overnight trip to Williamsburg, VA-- touring Colonial Williamsburg & historic Jamestown. Pretty special if I do day so myself...we didn't get to do that when I was in school, but many things have changed since then. Because it's an overnight trip, the school asked for as many parents to go along as possible. Bobby jumped at the chance to go since he is all about some history. (plus he needed to room with boys so it would kind of defeat the purpose if I went.) They loaded up before dawn on a Monday morning a couple of weeks back and returned home late the next night. I believe the ferry ride was rather cool...definitely a first for a lot of them. Caleb had a blast and I believe he learned a few things as well! Bobby had fun too but was ready to come home to the noise of just our five. Thankfully he took many pictures (over 400!!), so I sort feel like I got to go too.
No comments:
Post a Comment