Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Yellowish Supper
Tonight was a clean out the freezer, fridge and pantry supper...which we have somewhat often, but it usually involves leftovers from the week all brought out for one final meal. When you cook on a regular basis, there comes a time where you have a little of this and that left. Since it was just me and the kids (which unfortunately doesn't mean a no cook night), it was an anything goes for supper night. I had a half bag of frozen french fries, an already opened pack of hotdogs, 2 hotdog buns (so obviously some had to eat their hotdogs on regular bread), little of canteloupe left from last nights supper, and I threw in some mac-n-cheese. So what was the result?? A yellow/orange supper...not appetizing to look at. A little pet peeve of mine is a colorful meal, and I try to have at least two colors involved but tonight it was a blah supper. Amazing how sight effects taste (at least for me...the kids loved it) But, on the positive side...I cleaned out some things from my freezer, fridge and pantry. (which I tend to get a little too thrilled over) There is just something about emptying out the pantry by using something up or organizing it...I just love it. So, to make up for the unappetizing meal, I whipped up some brownies for dessert. That will make me forget all the yellow and I'll focus on chocolate!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Chocolate can help you forget anything. :)
You are funny, Kelly. :) I am doing good to get any supper on the table during the school year but I do try to make nice meals in the summer. I totally understand the color thing, though. Glad you got everything 'cleaned out' and were able to dive into some chocolate. hee hee :)
Post a Comment