I had a relaxing, peaceful evening tonight...which isn't all that unusual, but I was especially thankful for it tonight. What does a peaceful night entail for me you might ask. Well, I am almost embarrassed to tell. We were down two kids and only had the middle two, but that really had nothing to do with it. We even did a little shopping and took the kids out to get icecream at Cold Stone Creamery after supper, but still not the peaceful part. My relaxing time involved pulling weeds (which I enjoy a little too much...I get a little anal) and sitting on the front porch reading the newspaper. I know it is sad that my evening is a good one if I get to pull weeds, but my husband will even attest to the fact that I really enjoy it. I can see a beautiful flower garden and one little weed or blade of grass growing will catch my eye and I have to pull it or...well, I don't know what the or is because I always pull it. Then, after the weeds were pulled I sat on the front porch reading the newspaper and watching the sun set while Trinity caught lightening bugs...all the while thinking what a great night it had been. Moral of this post: I'm thankful for the simple things (a.k.a. weeds) that make life grand!
3 comments:
What a great post, Kelly! I like that you like to pull weeds, and that it makes you happy. Sounds like a great night.
Personally the ice cream alone would have done it for me. :)
Sounds like a great night to me! One thing I'll never forget about North Carolina is the lightening bugs and how green everything is.
Simple things make life more enjoyable anyway. I don't necessarily prefer pulling weeds, but I get that same feeling walking around with my camera. Glad you enjoyed the evening. :)
Post a Comment