Tuesday, February 17, 2009

One Silly Boy!!

Zion is just too funny for his own good. I have said before that he is our quirkiest child...just not like the rest of them. They all have their own personalities, but Zion broke the mold in our opinion. He doesn't try to be funny...he just is. After hearing some of the things that come out of his mouth, Bobby & I can do nothing but look at each other in amazement and laugh. I've got to tell you two things he said this past week. I wish I'd write things down as he says them because I usually forget them about five minutes after he's said it.

This first exhange happened between Zion and Papa (Bobby's dad) while standing outside in Papa & MeeMaw's garage. Zion noticed that Papa still had our push mower that he had borrrowed a little while back (that we haven't needed since it is winter so he just kept it over there). He told Papa, "That is Daddy's mower, and he needs it back." To which Papa explained, "Daddy knows that we have his mower if he needs it." Then Zion looked around and said, "Daddy's garage is a lot cleaner than your garage." Papa replied, "Well Zion you can get up and clean Papa's garage." Zion looked around and quickly stated, "Nah, it doesn't look that bad."

This next exchange was betweend Daddy and Zion. I had asked Zion a few times to get his socks on one morning. He finally did get them on and went in to tell Daddy about it. He sat down on the coffee table in front of Daddy who was sitting on the couch. He then went on to tell Daddy that he had put his one sock on his right foot (pointing to that foot). Then in his words, "A miracle happened." He went on to expain that somehow the other sock just got on the other foot...he did not put it there. But he thinks it was a miracle. I just wish I could have seen his face. He always gets so serious looking and then ends his story with his mouth still open in awe. How funny is that?!?

We definitely love our little Zion...who isn't all that little anymore, but he is still my baby (and hopefully will stay that way for a little longer!!). I'm thankful for all the laughs he gives us!!