Everyone (it seems) on facebook has done a random list about themselves. I on the other hand didn't want to take the time to do it (and I didn't think I could come up with 25 random things about myself because my mind isn't the same as it was pre-kids), but I did it. I thought I'd post it on here too because not all who read this have facebook. So here goes...
I first must put a disclaimer that the given things are love for my God, my husband, my kids, my family (and extended family)...those are a definite so I didn't include them on my random list because that is not random and I'm following the rules. ;)
In no specific order...25 Random Things About Me:
1. I LOVE coffee. I drink a cup every morning when I get to work (along with my nutragrain bar for breakfast) and I drink a cup every night after the kids are in bed and sometimes I'll splurge to have another somewhere in the day too. My grandmother (Mama Rusty) started me on coffee when I was just old enough to drink out of a cup...although it was mostly milk and a little coffee, I still have been addicted since a wee child.
2. We always called my grandparents (my dad's parents) Papa & Mama Rusty. For the longest time I was confused as a child thinking their last name was Rusty (and wondered why not Councilman), but I was finally corrected and told that no, the Rusty came from my grandparent's dog whose name was Rusty.
3. I HATE feet!! I really am grossed out my people's feet. The only feet I can actually touch are my childrens' because they are not big enough to be nasty yet (although Caleb's are about there--he has his father's and grandfather's feet...unfortunately. ;)
4. I love Sudoku and any thinking games. I must confess that I keep a Sudoku book on the back of our toilet and end up spending much longer than needed in there because of it (but I've got Bobby doing it now too).
5. I love to work in the yard...planing flowers, digging up weeds, mowing the grass...I just love to be outside!!
6. My parents, in-laws, work, and kids' school are all within 1.5 miles of our home...so great!!
7. I am such a routine person. I like it that way. I have learned to be flexible, but it goes against my nature. Although I love last minute plans which is weird...just mention a trip to the beach and I'll start packing immediately. ;)
8. Speaking of the beach...I love, love, love the beach!! So relaxing! The sounds of the waves with the sun shining down is magical to me, and then walks on the beach at night is just plain romatic. The kids love it too, which makes for great vacations!
9. As a child I thought I'd be a teacher when I grew up. My mom says I would line all my baby dolls in a row and teach them, then I get the ruler out and paddle them all. Was I abused as I child?? ;)
10. I really dislike yellow & clear sodas...thus usually drink the brown ones (in other words no Sprite, 7 UP, or Mountain Dew for me, give me Pepsi and Dr. Pepper). I can drink them if there is nothing else, but would probably choose water which says a lot (I hate water).
11. I played supermarket quite a lot as a child. I would collect my dad & mom's change out of their wallets (and write down how much of each coin they had so I returned it to the right place) and I had fake dollars. My dad got me a real money holder like in cash register. I'd get my calculator play store by myself for hours.
12. I had mutiple dogs growing up. We had three black labs back to back. Their names were George I, George II, and George III. I guess we weren't very creative with names back then. Then we had a golden retriever named BJ who I loved dearly.
13. I am just now starting to enjoy the subject of History as I re-learn it along with my 8 year old. In school I hated history. I learned the facts for the test, but now I see how it all fits together which is very interesting.
14. I love to cook! (and probably do it 5 days a week) I really love it when I plan the week out and already know what I am cooking ahead of time. That is the goal, but it doesn't always happen...thus the good old stand-by recipes that I always have the ingredients for.
15. I love listening to music. If I am cleaning or cooking (which is a majority of my time at home), I have the radio on. I love it when the kids sing along.
16. I have many friends who are girls, but I think I've only had a couple of really close girlfriends...who really know me and still love me.
17. It took me a long time (well into my marriage) to realize I didn't have to always worry what others will think (not sure if I am wording that in the right way). Sure you always consider others ahead of yourself, but on small issues...it is o.k. to be different. Our family can have our own rules and convictions and feel great about it! This was a milestone for me.
18. I despise playing in the snow. Something about being cold and wet that just makes me feel nasty.
19. I wish my Mama Rusty and Papa Riley would have lived long enough to have know my children. They would have loved all and would have been so proud of them!
20. I love high heels and flipflops. Quite a contrast, I know. If I am dressed up, I love high heels--they are more comfortable to me than flats. If I am casual, I love flipflops.
21. I love food. I could eat 3 meals and still snack all day long. I don't do this, but I could with my appetite.
22. I hope to learn to play the piano someday. Caleb already knows more than me on this one.
23. I love to ride motorcycles (not drive, but ride on the back with hubby). We hope to own one again some time soon.
24. I detest the dentist. I've gone all my life and will continue to go, but the smells, sounds, and instruments in my mouth all make me gag.
25. I love to bargain shop. What a thrill to find a good deal on something (could be clothes, shoes, home decor, or anyting). I will shop 'til I drop before I pay full price for anything.
1 comment:
Very interesting Kelly! One of these days I'm going to do one of these lists too. I love sudoku too. =)
Post a Comment