Sunday, April 18, 2010

Party Time

Because Micah's birthday was last Sunday, we started the celebrations then and continued them thru the week. He was out of school Monday due to his barfing on his birthday (and thankfully it was just a 12 hour bug). But Tuesday we celebrated at school. I brought some cupcakes for the class and ate lunch with him. He got to stand on the table and let the lunchroom sing happy birthday to him--a little embarrassed, but I know he secretly enjoyed every second of it.

This year he wanted to have some friends over for a sleepover, and we gave in to the idea. And I think it went really well...I know they all had a lot of fun. I on the other hand would not exactly call it fun (if you think getting up at 6:00 in the morning on a Saturday to get breakfast for 8 kids is fun) ;0), but seeing all the kids enjoying themselves makes it worth it. And I know I'll be wishing back these days as they are getting older and older.

They played & played outside. Thankfully it was a beautiful weekend to be outside. Boys & swords, lightsabers, guns...what could get any better?!? They had many a battle, and I'm sorry to say Trinity hung right there with them all.

Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Micah. Happy birthday to you!!
Now let's eat!!
And of course, presents...how can I forget that.




Then we were off to Putt-Putt for an 18 hole playoff. We'll just say I never officially tallied the scores because they were all pretty bad. But most got at least one hole-in-one which made their night.
And of course you have to play the arcade games too.
It was a fun (but quick) weekend. I know his friends made his birthday very special this year, and for that I am thankful! Micah is our tender hearted child, and I hope he stays that way. He is a joy to Bobby & I, and we truly thank the Lord for him.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Sounds like a blast! So glad he had a great birthday weekend! :)

Jessica LaTour said...

What a fun birthday! And I l-o-v-e that Trinity was keeping up with the boys, too cute!