Saturday, April 24, 2010

Go Daddy Go!

We'll our family officially became supporters of our church softball team. Bobby is playing for the first time (he tried a couple of years ago, but found time was not his friend so he couldn't make it to enough practices & games). They had their first game last night at 9:30 (yes, I said 9:30 at night--is it just me, or is that a rather late game?) Anyway, the time didn't deter me (after I found there were other moms coming out too), and we cheered them all the way to victory. I didn't get many pictures. I had to get up off the bleachers to go and try to to take a picture (cause a picture through the fence just didn't work), which meant I only did it for Bobby this time. I'll try better next time. He played 2nd base, and I must say he did wonderfully (especially for never playing before). He made us proud! And I think he was glad not to embarrass the family name. :0) I was proud of myself for paying attention the majority of the game. Sure I got quite a bit of chatting in, but I also kept up with the game too--I'm such a great multi-tasker.




He had a glorious slide into third base, but the glorious slide doesn't feel to good when you are wearing shorts. Note to self--wear pants next time. So, he has a war wound from the game, but it was worth it because he was safe at third base. I think he'll be investing in some pants for next time around. But he looked so manly afterward, especially when the peroxide was bubbling over his entire leg.



The kids had a great time! I mean, hey, we left for the game after most of their bedtimes, and we didn't get home until around 11:00 which was awesome to them. Mom popped a big bag of popcorn, and they devoured it. Trinity found her a new friend (Sam & Pam's dog-Ipod), and she sat with him & rubbed him the whole game. Zion played & played football with Tyler and threw around the softball. All in all a grand ole time at the ballfield. I'm already looking forward to the next game (and am thankful it is at 7:30 instead of 9:30). ;0)


3 comments:

Jessica LaTour said...

Going out after bedtime, so much fun! But that third base slide, ouchie!

Dan LaTour said...

Glad to see he's willing to sacrifice his body for the LaTour name! :)

Kellie said...

Woohoo! Fun times, fun times... Too bad he got his leg torn up, but that is so much like a boy, er, uh, I mean, MAN. LOL :)