The joys of learning to read are unending. Trinity is in kindergarten and thus has officially learned to read which is awesome. I really am proud of her, and it is fun to watch the lightbulb come on in her little head. But having said that...the reading homework at night can be a little painful (especially when you forget about the homework until right at bed time). She has two pages each night to read, and she has to read them five times each. That really isn't bad at all when the page is a story--she flies thru the story like nothing. But I tend to dread the nights that the pages are full of just random words (32 words on the page...not that I counted). I know that reading takes work, and success doesn't come from laziness, but I was feeling rather lazy tonight. And if she doesn't do her homework it technically isn't her fault--it kind of falls on dad & mom. I guess her homework is really homework for me to help me with my patience. Gotta love learning lessons from a 6 year old.
2 comments:
I remember those days - times two. lol During W and M's first year of Kindergarten the homework was 45 minutes long... each. NOT fun. The second year was so much better but I am so glad they have moved on to grasping it more by themselves. ha!!!
She is such a beautiful girl! And I know what you mean, I never remembered there being "homework" when I was in kindergarten.
Post a Comment