This is my catch up blog to fill you in on the past week or so. Sorry I've become very sluggish about keeping up, and I'd say I'll do better--but I know that is a promise that I'll probably not be able to keep. Thankfully we are on spring break this week, so we can all take a breather and have some fun!!
Caleb has started playing basketball in a Spring League, and he's having lots of fun. It isn't like a normal game -- they only play for 30 minutes and it is constant subbing every 2 minutes so all get to play equal time. But, he is learning and having fun which is all that matters. His team is the Hurricanes. For his first game he wanted me to wear a Carolina Hurricans hat and bring the Hurricanes towel we have that they wave around at hockey games. He asked me to cheer and wave the towel around--he changed his mind rather quickly when his friends were around, so I decided for his best interest to keep a little quiet. ;0)
We invited a bunch of couples from our Sunday school class over for a cookout and egg hunt Friday night. I am amazed at how many kids are represented by our class (and that was with us missing a few families). We've got a great group of families that we've come to love. It was nice to sit and chat and let the kids play their little hearts out. We enjoy having parties, and it was nice to be able to carry on a normal conversation instead of just catching people as you pass them in the hallway at church. The kids had a blast and slept very good that night which is always a plus.




We dyed and decorated some eggs on Saturday. I actually intended for us to do it with the group the night before, but we ran out of time (and I forgot about it until the kids were playing to nicely to interrupt them for craft time). So our kids got to benefit from all the eggs that I had boiled the day before.

The boys got a little bored with the decorating, so they took their eggs out for an egg toss. They had more fun destroying the eggs than making them all pretty, but I wouldn't expect anything less from them. Trinity, on the other hand, went back and redyed all her eggs hot pink to make them more pretty--what a difference between boys and girls.
That afternoon we went over to the pond for a little fishing and paddleboat riding. We had no luck fishing, but the weather was absolutely beautiful so we couldn't do any wrong.



And then of course we have Easter Sunday. The kids always love me dragging them out for group photos...maybe one day they'll appreciate it, but for now mom gets her way (and I love looking back each year at how much they've changed).
1 comment:
Great pics, Kelly! Love the brother pictures at the end. :)
Post a Comment