Fall is just the most beautiful season. I pass these trees on my long drive (around the corner) to work everday. I had to stop and take a picture. It is amazing what an awesome God we serve that creates such beauty. (these photos don't do it justice)
Zion's class at church dressed up as an animal or Bible character Wednesday night. We chose the famous frog...since it was in our halloween basket of costumes and it was an animal. This was his second year wearing it, but he didn't care...he got to dress up.
The weather has actually been fairly nice this week (with some showers also). Thursday was a beautiful day to meet up with some friends for some McD's and play at the park. The kids had more fun finding and cracking acorns than playing at the park...oh the joys of fall.
Zion's kindergarten class celebrated fall by digging into a pumpkin. Mrs. Hicks cut open a pumpkin and they all got to see & feel inside. Then they went out to enjoy pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie, and apple crisp for snack. Yummy!! I'm glad I got to tag along and clean up his plate when he was full. It was definitely a treat!!
O.K. I have to confess I have never carved a pumpkin before this year. So, I thought it would be a fun task for our family. I must say I was not so sure how they would turn out. But I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was and they turned out beautifully (if I say so myself!!). The kids all pitched in with cleaning all the seeds and insides out of the pumpkin (and they thoroughly enjoyed the messiness), then Bobby & I did the actual carving (after the kids chose what pattern they wanted on each pumpkin). Trin & Zion helped me with the "Trick or Treat" pumpkin, and Caleb & Micah was with Bobby and the mean face pumpkin. Micah wanted LaTour also on there, so Bobby carved it in the back of theirs. All in all a good family time which resulted in some good decorations...at least for a couple of days until it starts smelling!!
2 comments:
I'm living vicariously through the fall leaves photos. Beautiful!
Pumpkin carving looks like so much fun! I love those stencil kits, they're awesome!
WOW. It's cool to see the before and after pictures of fall on the trees. Great job on the pumpkin cutting!
Post a Comment