Thought I'd share a recipe that is a favorite of mine. I love desserts, and I love making desserts. This cake is a go to cake for me if I need to take a dessert somewhere. It is somewhat homemade but not completely because you start from a cake mix (which I love because I am all about some short cuts). Anyway, if you try it I hope you enjoy it as much as we have.
Hershey Cake
1 box Duncan Hines fudge cake mix
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1 box instant vanilla pudding
3/4 cup oil
Mix these ingredients together and split into pans. I make a 3 layer cake, but I'm sure you could bake it all together in a 9 x 13 (just adjust the cooking time). Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile prepare your icing as follows:
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup confectioner sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
12 oz. cool whip
2 Hershey candy bars chopped
Spread the icing on the cooled layers. And, if you're like me, hope the cake looks somewhat symetrical, or at least not falling completely to one side. Then, enjoy!!
3 comments:
Hot dang that looks SO good!
MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
OK... so you can bake one of these for me ANYTIME YOU'D LIKE. :)
Post a Comment