Monday, July 06, 2009

Traveling Along

I think we are becoming a traveling family. We took another camping trip this past weekend. Bobby & I realized we had Friday off and nothing major planned all weekend, so why not plan a trip. This time we only went about an hour away to Asheboro. But, no matter how far away we always have fun. Going to Asheboro allowed us to visit Bobby's uncle's church Sunday morning which was great.

The fishing pond had resident ducks which the kids tried and tried to pet but never quite got close enough.

But, they enjoyed fishing. That is the one requirement for camping--there has to be a fishing pond. I don't remember the final tally...something like Caleb-5, Micah-2, Zion-1, and Trinity-1...I think.



Fun on the bikes.

The kids loved the pool. The second day they had a rousing game of beach volleyball with everyone.

Trin in her new bathing suit. I forgot the bottom half of her other suit so we took a trip to Walmart for a new one. The first day we tried to wear just underwear with a bathing suit top. Needless to say Bobby wasn't thrilled with that....we'll just say major see thru on the bottoms. So, she stayed in the pool the whole time that day.

Miniature golf. Daddy was the winner. Followed closely by Micah.

Fun on the playground. Look closely to see Zion on the swing.

The boys enjoyed playing horseshoes...I think Daddy beat them, but all in good fun. Trin & I sat by in the shade with Dixie, and I drank my Cheerwine slushy (which I had two of because they were oh so yummy!!)



We went on what we thought was going to be a little hike through the woods...it ended being a short trail that could barely be considered exercise. But, it was perty ("pretty" for the non-southern folks).


Gotta have camp fires and messy smores. There is no way to eat them (if they are cooked correctly) without getting all dirty and sticky. And I had two of these also...I think I see a trend...I can't stop with just one.


They had this jumping pillow which we had never seen before. Kind of like a trampoline on the ground. The kids loved it. Bobby & I gave it a whirl also. I showed off my many gymnastic talents...all three of them. (and I won't post the pics that Bobby took while I was doing my gymnastics..I do have a little pride)


We really just had a great time as a family. That is what camping is all about...family. You gotta love it!

3 comments:

Dan LaTour said...

Some serious summer fun!!

CristyLynn said...

I love how much y'all do as a family! So great to see a family having so much fun together!

Kellie said...

Y'all have the best family trips. :) I saw your "trend" of eating twos of things. LOL :)