Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Like Mother, Like Children
Some things I don't mind passing on to my kids (don't get me started on the things I see in them that I know they got from me that I detest). I loved playing games as a child and our kids love playing games too! We have a closet full of them, but I am thankful that they like playing some of my old favorites. We broke out one of them the other night. I played Micah & Zion in a game of Yahtzee. Zion's favorite part was shaking up the dice...he got into it a little too much!! I had to keep telling him to hurry up and roll the dice or we'd been there all night as he kept shaking. If I remember correctly...I came in last. Nothing like getting beat at your own game.

Then, we have one of my favorite things that I have officially passed on the craving for to some of my kids. COFFEE!! My grandmother, Mama Rusty, ownd her own beauty salon, and she had coffee available most of the time there. She is the one who introduced me to coffee probably around the age of 3 (at the time it was a tiny bit of coffee and a whole lot of milk). Although she died while I was very young, I still remember her giving me coffee. I have graduated to mostly coffee and a little milk & sugar (o.k. maybe a lot of sugar)...can't go all the way black quite yet. Anyway, the boys love coffee too (although I really don't let them have it all that often). We had breakfast for supper tonight, and they were all treated with a wonderful cup of coffee with a hint of French Vanilla creamer. That is love--sharing my coffee with them. ;0) They were a little excited so they did a "cheers" with their coffee cups.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is funny. Mikayla loves coffee, too, and could drink it often if I let her. The kids have loved "coffee drinks" (iced mochas) since they were probably two. lol What wonderful memories you are making with your kids. I wish I got into board games, but they are just not for us, it seems. lol :)
How fun! I love the old games. Have you ever played rack-o? I love that one. Yahtzee is amazing too! And i loved coffee as a kid too. My mom and I would always have a cup of decaf before bedtime when I was little... and i ALWAYS looked forward to it.
Post a Comment