Now on to less important news...
Trinity's flower garden has brought forth flowers, although I don't know what kind they are (I love flowers, but I never can remember their names). We still aren't through with it yet. It's like that old song "He's Still Working On Me." Hopefully we'll add more flowers each year until we get it the way she wants it. We definitely need to get out there and get the grass out of it and mulch on it...the list is never ending...all in good time we'll get things the way they should be. Anyway, I thought the flowers were beautiful, whatever they are!!
Well, our garden is giving us lots...lots of food and lots of work preparing and freezing the veggies...which has been oh so yummy!! Some mental notes we've made thus far...plant a lot less squash next year and a lot more okra and beans. I don't remember how many squash plants we have but we'll just say my freezer has way to many bags of squash in it (especially since Bobby doesn't really care for squash by itself--although he loves squash casserole). We just picked our first round of butterbeans. I sat down on the couch to shell them this afternoon (and I actually do enjoy it--kindof like weeding for me...relaxing), and Caleb wouldn't let me finish them. I think I got a handful done and he took over. I guess he must enjoy it too. Our corn is about ready to be picked and I can't wait. We all LOVE corn on the cob. Hopefully by next week we'll have some fresh. Thus far we've enjoyed squash, green beans, cucumbers, banana peppers (which we learn cross pollinate with other peppers...and we planted habanero (HOT & SPICY) peppers beside them, thus we had very spicy banana peppers...EEEW!!). Our canteloupes are growing as we speak and hopefully will ripen up soon!! Amazing what we can grow on our own...we've been eating good this summer!!
1 comment:
It is always great to grow your own food. I am not the outdoor person who loves to get out IN the garden, but I love what it gives to us! It is great that y'all's gardens are doing so well. :)
Post a Comment