Friday, October 03, 2008
Good To Be Home
I finally feel like I am home...like this is where I was meant to be. (if that makes since) Bobby & I have moved, well, too many times (over 5 in our 11 year marriage), and now it really feels like I'm home and I am so thankful. When we were first married we lived in Greenville, SC for about a year while I finished up school and we moved one time in that year (from a normal apartment complex to an apartment in the basement of a home). This was a needed move after I woke up to hearing gunshots one night outside out bedroom window. Then we went to the mountains of NC to live for a few months while we waited to see where the Lord would have us go. Bobby had applied at a few different police departments and we were in the process of waiting to hear back. After he was hired at Raleigh Police Department, we moved to Fuquay-Varina, NC. We lived there a little over 2 years. This is where Caleb lived the first 5 months of his life. But, after having him, we realized we wanted to be closer to our families and also wanted our children to go to Alamance Christian. So, we set out to move and found land in Efland, NC and built there. We lived in an apartment in Garner, NC during the building process (about 4 months). At this time Bobby could only be 45 miles from his station so we maxed that out when moving to Efland. But, it was only a 20 minute drive to family and school and a little more than that to church so we thought we had done well. We were still out in the boonies (somewhat), but we were closer to family. This is where we had the other three munchkins (Micah, Trinity and Zion). Then, the police dept. upped the distance they could be from the station which meant we could move in even closer to our families. After evaluating our options and praying for the Lord's help and guidance, we put our home on the market in the hopes of moving closer to Graham. We sold that home and rented a home in Graham while we built our new house. And, so not to be left out, we moved in with my brother-in-law & sister-in-law for about 2 months while we were waiting for our rental house to be ready for us. (They were so generous to take our homeless family in...we thank the Lord for our family) But, now we are finally getting settled into our home and it is great to call it home. It is so neat to see how the Lord directed us and safely brought us to Graham, which is where Bobby & I both grew up. This is our old stomping grounds, and I'm thankful we'll be growing our family here also. Looking back on all our moves over the past 11 years makes me all the more thankful we serve an all-knowing sovereign God. He has truly blessed our family and we want to give Him the glory!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations, Kelly! So glad that you are home.
Post a Comment