Monday, October 20, 2008

One More Day!!

The kids & I have been counting down the days until we go to the NC State Fair and most importantly we get to see Daddy. Our family has mixed emotions when it comes to the Fair. Yes, it is so much fun and we always love the food and rides and exhibits (and hate the money that it all costs, but that is a different story). We go at least one day and have a blast. But, the kids and I come home after the fun without Daddy. He has to work security and stays at the fair grounds for 11 days. So, we usually plan our visit half-way thru the fair for all our sakes. Well, we have made it 5 days without him...we'll see him tomorrow...then we'll have five more days until he gets to come home. Although I love & dread this time every year, it is always a good reminder of how important Daddy is to us all. I guess it is true that absense makes the heart grow fonder. But, if I may add my two cents...too much absense isn't good for the heart at all. So, on our countdown, we are down to 28 hours 'til we are at the Fair and with Daddy. We're coming carmel apples with nuts & cotton candy!!! (can you tell those are my regulars at the Fair)

1 comment:

CristyLynn said...

I hope that you have a great time! The State Fair was always a highlight for me, but it seems like something even more special for y'all. Have fun!