Thursday, October 09, 2008

Thank You Lord for Good Health!

I hate to have sick children!!! Not because I dislike cleaning up vomit (although it isn't fun), but because it honestly hurts me to watch them be sick. I wish that I could take it all away from them and make them better or just let me be sick instead of them. But, sickness is something that mommy just can't fix on her own. There are so many pro's for having a large (somewhat large--I don't consider 4 kids all that large) family, and I haven't found too many con's. But, one con is that when one child gets sick, it doesn't take long for the next one. My rule of thumb is that I usually have one day off in between sick children. Although you try to keep the germs to one child, there really is no way to guarantee that when you all live in the same household. So, all that to say, Zion woke up sick Sunday morning throwing up. He was better my mid-day, but then I was holding my breath waiting for the next one. That came Tuesday afternoon when Trinity started the same throwing up thing. She is better now and back at school, but now it is the waiting game and praying that it stops with her. Every time I have one of the kids sick, the Lord reminds me again at how ungrateful I can be for the health of my family. I am so very thankful for the good health that Bobby & I and all our kids have had. We have the occasionly bug, but we have been extremely healthy and I know that is all of the Lord. Anyway, as I wait for the next sick child, I am thankful the Lord has chose to bless our family thus far with such good health. And I am trying not to take that for granted!! But, I also pray that I will be just as thankful if the Lord chooses sickness for us. (an odd prayer to pray some might say, but I want to be thankful regardless of the circumstances-- knowing He is in control)

No comments: