Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Weekend Recap

Our weekend was chocked full of excitement.  We were all too busy this past week (3 baseball games along with a bunch of sickness getting spread around), but thankfully we threw in some fun too.

Friday night our school had their Kindergarten-3rd grade program.  It was pioneer themed (lots of pioneer girls/boys, cowboys, indians).  Trinity was still feeling sick, so she sat out of the fun.  Zion got to dress up as a cowboy & that made him feel like a cool dude.  They did a great job as usual!


 Saturday morning we woke up with lots on the agenda.  Trin was going to a birthday party for the day, so she missed out on the fun...again  We started by getting the garden ready for some planting.  We've enlarged it a little this year, and now we are starting to strategize about what all we want to plant.

 Of course the boys worked themselves in to a frenzy & had to cool off a little in the pool.  The water was a little cold for my liking, but they don't ever say no to swimming.



After swimming & a little lunch, we were off to pick some strawberries.  There is nothing like fresh picked strawberries.  We've already had strawberry shortcake a couple times & I'm looking forward to some homemade ice cream.  But in the meantime, I'm going to make some jelly & enjoy eating the 30 pounds of strawberries we picked.



Not long after getting home from picking, it was off to Caleb & Micah's basketball games.  If my memory serves me correct, Micah's team lost & Caleb's team won.  But don't hold me to that.  I was a little distracted this game.


After the games, I was rushing to the grocery store, then to a cookout at dad & mom's.  Trinity got home around 7:00, so of course she had to join in the fun of swimming after dinner.  Again, the water was a little too chilly, but I didn't hear any complaints.

Weekends are always fun.  Sometimes it's nice to have nothing to do, but this weekend it was nice to get so many things accomplished.

1 comment:

Jessica LaTour said...

Summer is in the air! I LOVE that you guys went strawberry picking, I remember doing that when I was a kid. : )