The kids have been on Spring break for the past 10 days, so we all have been up to no good lately. Actually we really didn't have anything major planned. Just the normal Easter festivities. Bobby went out of town for a guys weekend, so the kids & I did our Easter fun without him (although we did send pictures to keep him updated).
First on the agenda was a bunny cake. Well, at least if you use your imagination you'll see a bunny shape when we're finished. Caleb & Micah weren't really into the cake thing, so Zion & Trinity were the helpers. They actually made the cake (carrot cake, of course) & decorated it too.
Ta da...the finished product. Looks like a bunny to me. :)
I made the older boys come take a picture too (although they did nothing to make the cake, they did enjoy eating it). You can tell they were thrilled to oblige me.
The next day we dyed some eggs. That's always fun. Zion got all crazy with his & they turned out very pretty.
Somewhere in between all the Easter fun the boys had a basketball game, we went shopping at all 3 of the local Goodwills (okay, that was more fun for me, but Trinity always enjoys it too), went to see Alvin & the Chipmunks Chipwrecked (pretty cute!), and enjoyed eating at CiCi's with friends. I'd say we had a fun weekend at home!
Then, we must have a cookout & Easter egg hunt. All the husbands arrived back home late Saturday afternoon, so we met up and enjoyed some more fellowship & fun.
Here are some of the kids with their spoils.
And we must have the traditional Easter morning photos. The kids just love these. Papa & Meemaw bought all the kids some new duds (thank you Papa & Meemaw!!), so they were looking all spiffy. They really don't enjoy taking pictures, but one day maybe they'll like to look back on them. Quite the handsome bunch, if I do say so myself.
Little Miss Sweetie Pie got to get into the pictures too.
1 comment:
Lookin' good! We are enjoying spring break this week and I am loving it. I am trying to just take it easy and not have a schedule! lol LOVED the bunny cake!!!
Post a Comment