Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Happy 10th Birthday Micah!!

I can't believe we now have two kids that are in the double digits...I feel so old!  Micah's  birthday fell on a Wednesday this year which kind of messed up our celebration a little.  Also, they had a special, school-wide fun day at school on his birthday, so we didn't go eat with him on his exact birthday.  But he got to party all day at school regardless.

We still let him open his presents on Wednesday.  The only thing he asked for was a UNC flat brim hat (of course we couldn't find one, so we promised a shopping trip to a hat store in Greensboro to let him pick out exactly what he wanted).   I did know that his soccer cleats were getting worn out & I knew they were a little small too.  I didn't realize how small until we got him the new cleats.  I bought him a 4 1/2 (which was a tad bit big).  His old cleats were 2 1/2. Holy cow! He's been playing in cleats that were probably bending his toes backwards.  Of course he was thrilled with his present & immediately put them to use. 
Then, as tradition would have it, he chooses were we eat the birthday dinner.  And of course, as tradition would also have it, he chose Golden China.  He is addicted to seaseme chicken.  Thankfully we all like it too.

Then Bobby & I got to eat lunch with him the next day at school.  He appreciated the McDonald's lunch that dad brought him.  And the snack of choice was plain, glazed doughnuts for the class.  The kids have gone easy on me this year & haven't chosen a lot of homemade stuff.  I don't know if that is a knock on my baking skills, but I'm not complaining about it, yet. :)

 
Thursday after school it was off to the hat store for him to shop around.  Decisions, decisions.

In the midst of shopping, they found these weird hats. I guess now you can keep your ears warm while being stylish.

He found the one he wanted, and it fit!
And finally we head home for cake & icecream. Micah wanted an icecream cake this year, so I just made some brownies to go along with the cake.  Happy birthday Micah!  We love you!

No comments: