Monday, April 02, 2012

Meet Sweetie Pie

Meet the newest member of our family, Sweetie Pie.  Trinity has begged & pleaded for a cat for almost a year now.  I am just not a cat person.  I love animals--most animals, but I've never been all that fond of cats for some reason.  So, I kind of pushed her desire to the side & secretly hoped she'd forget about it (she obviously didn't forget).  Uncle Jon & Aunt Alisha's cat had another litter of kittens, so we finally gave in to Trin's desires.   She was so excited yesterday when I told her that daddy was going to take her to pick out a kitten.  She got to choose which kitten & name her (we chose to have a female because they are supposedly better mouse catchers). Bobby said she chose the ugliest one, but that's okay...it's hers.




Then of course we have no food or toys for this precious creature, so we must go shopping. 

I think we chose wisely on the food.  She acted like she was starved.

Here's to Sweety Pie surviving her new world out at the Latours.  She is going to be an outside cat, so I've already warned Trin that we live on a busy street.  Hopefully she learns the ropes & knows where to go & not go.  And hopefully I learn to love kittens a little more than I do right now. :)

1 comment:

Kellie said...

AWWW... she will be a beautiful cat when she grows!!! I love it! Of course, I love all cats so I know I am more biased. lol You will be surprised how much she steals your heart... I felt the same way about dogs that you feel about cats and now our Molly is my sweetie girl!