Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Fine Arts

Okay, I'll admit I am way behind on blogging.  The last month of school is a hectic month, and I haven't taken the time to keep up.  Our school had their fine arts competitions a week or so ago, and Micah & Caleb both were participants this year.  Caleb sang with the 5th & 6th grade classes as a vocal group.  Micah had an art entry go to fine arts and he was also part of the sword drill team.  Thankfully, Bobby got to travel over & document for methe fun for me. 

Sword drill (in case you don't know) is where the judges call out a Bible reference & the kids compete to see who can stand up first with their finger on the verse called.  Micah has competed the past two years in this and he finds it very fun.  I must confess I too competed in the same competition when I was in elementary school & loved it.  Anyway, he did well and got up first or second quite a few times.  But one time stood out above them all.  I can't remeber what Bobby said the reference was (I believe it was Luke something).  Micah was up first.  WooHoo! The judges came over to check where his finger was and...his Bible had a page torn on the very verse he was to have his finger on.  So the judges chuckled and said, "Sorry, that doesn't count since your finger isn't on the verse." (although had his Bible been intact, his finger would have been in the correct spot).  Oh well, it's a funny story & lesson learned. But what are the odds that they would call out a verse on the only torn page in your Bible...really?!? :)
.
.


Micah also got a first place ribbon in his art entry. 

The school came in 2nd place overall in art.  Very proud of them all!!

No comments: