Saturday, July 30, 2011

Tidbits of Fun for the Week

Thankfully this week is coming to a close, and Bobby will be home early tomorrow morning.  Although we missed him greatly, we tried to spread out some fun here and there to help us make it thru the week.

Trinity had bought this microwave Easy Bake thingy (note:  do not purchase...very cheap and not worth the money) and has been asking for me to help her with it all week.  Not that I didn't want to do it with her, but we've all been a little busy around here.  Anyway, I finally took the time one night this week (I think we actually didn't start doing it until about 9 that night).  She enjoyed it, but I don't think she'll be asking to do it again--it was that worthless.  She went to eat the mini-cakes we made, and she couldn't even bring herself to eat it...said it was nasty.  Oh well, I guess it is the thought that counted.  She enjoyed her time with me in the kitchen, and we'll leave it at that.








Then it was Micah's turn for an overdue act of kindness.  He has had a certificate for a free icecream from Cold Stone Creamery for months.  He got it from his last dentist appointment.  I've been promising to take him ever since he got it, and we haven't taken the time to go.  Finally I decided to take them after I got off work.  As hot as it's been, it was definately a treat.  Micah got mint icecream with snickers, Caleb got cake dough with reeses, Trin got cake dough with butterfinger, and Zion got mint with sprinkles.  Yummo!! 





Of course we've had a few days at the pool.


And we've seen a few new movies this week.  Two movie nights at home...saw Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 and The Indian in the Cupboard.  And we went to the movies to see Kung Fu Panda 2.

I've got to say that we made the best of it this week without the main man in our lives present.  But, I'll be oh so thankful to see him walk thru our door and finally be home.

3 comments:

Dan LaTour said...

Baking should never be easy... ;) Glad to see y'all are having an enjoyable summer! ...Your vacation pictures are awesome. What a great time!

Kellie said...

What fun memories and making the best of the situation. I surely hope Bobby is home now!

CristyLynn said...

So what did Mom get at Cold Stone Creamery? :)
I'm glad you were able to do some special stuff with the kids while Bobby was gone. Those kinds of things always help me make it through the times when Thomas is away.