Once again I find myself enjoying the perks of having a daughter. Trin & I went shopping with my parents a couple of weeks back. Dad gave her $5.00 to spend during our shopping spree & she looked around for the perfect thing to buy. She wanted to go in Claire's and always loves looking at all the jewelry (& I highly encourage all things girlly so I endulged her).
She has been talking about the best friend necklaces that are split in half and one friend has one half of the necklace & the other has the other half for a little while now. It's all good in theory, but...#1: She is only 7 years old & #2: I don't want her secluding herself to one "best friend." So we talked a little about it, and she agreed that there wasn't really one person that she wanted to share the necklace with. She moved on to looking at other things.
Then she saw these necklaces:
She loved them at first sight which made a momma's heart pround. Of course they were $10.00 for the set ($5.00 each), and she didn't think she could afford them. So she asked me if we could buy it together and wear them. My heart actually skipped a beat...was this my sweet daughter asking me to be her "bestie". She said she didn't think I'd want to wear it because it was cheap, but I assured her that I'd wear it proudly. And I do...quite often. We've worn them out a lot together, but I thought to take a picture Sunday before church. I love that we have matching necklaces & I love that I have a daughter to share these special memories with!
2 comments:
I can't wait til Emma gets old enough to do stuff like this with her! Love it! Trinity has grown into a beautiful young lady! I can't believe that she couldn't even walk when she was the flower girl in my wedding! Time flies!!
I love it!! Mikayla bought me a set a couple of years ago for Christmas. It is something I cherish. I love those special moments we have with our girls!
Post a Comment