Our family had a major change of plans this past weekend. Bobby & I were supposed to go out of town with friends of ours for a weekend away with no kiddos. Sounds like a great plan to me (and it's a plan that will hopefully come about another weekend) . We don't get out all that often alone so of course we were super excited. All was well until Friday morning (note we were leaving Friday afternoon). When I woke up Bobby's first words were: "You're not going to be happy." Well, with that statement I know something's not right. He had to drive out to Texas that day to investigate a murder case that he had been working on all week. What horrible timing (or is it?). Obviously I know that the Lord's plans are not always ours and He knows what is best for us. My job is to make the best of what is given me. So, Bobby left on Friday and is still in Texas & probably won't be home until Saturday.
Well, that leaves me (who was planning on a weekend without the kids) alone for a whole week with the kids. Something isn't quite right with that, but that's okay. Bobby & I weren't the only ones disappointed. The kids were all spending the weekend with other family and were very excited about it...and then they are stuck home with mom. So, I wanted to find something fun for them to do on Saturday. It has been HOT here...not just overly warm or even hot, but HOT (like over 100 for days straight). So there goes any kind of outside play (park, miniature golf, etc.). We decided to go to Bounce Around for a few hours and then came back home & went swimming. Not a bad plan if I say so myself. It was fun & hopefully it partially made up for spoiling their weekend plans.
1 comment:
Looks like you made the most of the situation! I think the kiddos had a great time by what I see in the pics! Wow... if Bobby is working on the one I am thinking about, he has had a tough case!!! Praying for his safety as he comes back home.
Post a Comment