Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Turkey Day

Since my family & Bobby's family are close by, we get to celebrate all the holidays at least twice. And I have no problem with that. My scales on the other hand do have a problem with it, but we'll deal with that after Christmas sometime.
On Thursday we went to my parents for lunch. My grandmother (who will be 90 in a couple of weeks) & her sister (Aunt Margaret) were able to eat with us again this year. We can't take that for granted because I don't know how much longer they will be with us. We also had an older gentleman from our church join us. It made for some unique conversations, but it was a good time to be a blessing to someone else.





Then on Friday the celebration & eating continues with the LaTour side of the family. It's always nice for us all to get together. Even though we are all fairly close by, it is still hard to get everyone at one function. Thankfully all were in attendance.

We had enough food to feed and army, and it sure was good.

The kids' enjoy their tables all to themselves. Thankfully they are getting old enough to eat by themselves without us sitting at their table giving them dirty looks so they'll stay in their seat and eat (not that I would ever or have ever done that). Just saying the kids are growing up & getting a little easier (in some respects) these days.



Bobby & Shayla got some snuggling in later on at our house while the girls played Balderdash and the boys were playing XBOX. And I must confess I won our game...but I'm really not bragging. I don't know how I won because my mind was shot by Friday night from lack of sleep (staying up all night Thursday for black Friday sales hurts the brain & body a lot), but I'll take my victory and run with it.


And this is how we all felt when all was said and done. Papa & Sydney catching some zzzz's.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

So glad y'all had a great Thanksgiving! :)