Our school has a float in the Christmas parades each year. This time around we only did two of them. Mebane has a night parade, which is rather cool I think. It's kind of a change of pace from our standard parade, and they all think it's neat to be in it. It was a chilly night, but not unbearable, thankfully. After the parade was over everyone met up and had hot chocolate & cookies...which warms you up from the inside out.
Below we have an adorable angel, Joseph, a wise man and a shepherd.
Then we go to the Graham Parade. It's on the morning following the night parade. It was beyond freezing that morning...sooooo much colder than at the parade the night before. Bobby & I found our "seats" (more like find an empty whole and plop yourself down) and sat for almost an hour before the first float came by us (we got there a little early and we were at the end of the parade route). We were frozen by the time it was all over, and I know the kids were too. We aren't experienced parade watchers...thus we didn't have a blanket or chairs to sit on. Our cold bums were sitting on the frozen ground which caused them to freeze all the more faster. Brrrrr...it makes me cold thinking about it. Actually not long after the parade the snow started falling, but I'll save that for a different post.
No comments:
Post a Comment