Well we got our first snow this past Saturday. Can you tell I'm not jumping up and down with excitement. Not long after the parade ended, the snow began to fall. Of course the weatherman said to expect a few flurries, but we all know they are usually wrong. Thus it snowed for a good part of the day on Saturday & actually started sticking rather quickly. I'm not a fan of snow at all! Call me what you will...I don't care. But if it is going to snow though, I want it to do exactly as it did on Saturday....snow, but not enough to mess up your plans & melt away quickly. It is beautiful to look at, but you won't find me frolicking in it. I tend to view it from inside while I stay warm & toasty with my coffee. I'll venture out to check on the kids and verify they are not frozen solid, and I'll take a few pictures for posterity's sake, but that is about the extent of my play in the snow.
This time around it was just Caleb, Zion & I at home watching it snow. Micah had gone hunting with Bobby, and Trinity was shopping with my dad & mom. Caleb is like me and went outside for all of two minutes (enough time to throw a couple of snowballs at Zion). As soon as he gets cold, he comes right back inside. But Zion loved it. He played with the dogs in the snow until he was almost frozen solid. We actually still have some snow lingering on our roof and back in the woods behind our house, but thankfully it all melted away rather quickly. Now I'm ready to skip on past winter now and move onto spring. Too bad we've got a couple more months of cold before then.
1 comment:
Y'all got more snow than we did. It really was pretty falling. I enjoy the view of it more than playing in it, too, but I don't mind rambling around in it to capture some of the beauty. Glad your kids had some fun!
Post a Comment