Thursday, October 28, 2010

Peanut Butter Pumpkins


I've got to share a quick and easy peanut butter ball recipe. And since it is fall we are making them orange and turning them into pumpkins...how cute is that?!? Don't look too close at the picture and judge me for my pumpkin shaping. I was in a rush to get these done. But I plan on making another batch tomorrow and I'll take my time to shape the pumpkins a little better. Also the kids want to help with the next batch, and it is a perfect kid friendly recipe. I've got to take snacks to multiple outings this weekend so I searched for a fallish recipe that looked good and that looked easy. I found this one on the Betty Crocker website (and I'm sure Betty Crocker does no wrong). Time is money (as they say) to me so I didn't want to "waste" all day baking. Anyway try them out for yourself and enjoy!


Peanut Butter Pumpkins
1 bag (10 oz.) peanut butter chips
1 can (16 oz.) vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
1/4 teaspoon orange paste icing color (it says to not use liquid food color-I used the red
& yellow gel cause I couldn't find the paste)
12 small pretzel twists, broken into 1/2 inch pieces

Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. In 2-quart saucepan, melt peanut butter chips over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in frosting and icing color until well blended. Refrigerate until cool enough to handle (about 1 hour).

Shape mixture into 1-1/4 inch balls; flatten slightly. Use edge of spatula to make grooves in each ball to resemble pumpkins. Press 1 pretzel piece into top of each for stem; place on cookie sheet. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Store in container in fridge.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

HOW CUTE!!! What a neat and easy recipe. (I thought you did a great job shaping them, too!!!)

Jessica LaTour said...

They REALLY look like pumpkins! How cute! And yum.