Friday, October 01, 2010

Surprise!!

It's the big 35th birthday for Bobby, and I decided to do a big surprise party. He always said he hated surprises, so why not go for it. I really knew he'd love it, but do you know how hard it is to surprise a dectective? Thankfully, it all worked out and I didn't spill the beans. He didn't figure it all out until right when he was about to walk in the door. (I had closed the blinds so the glare wouldn't be as bad & I could take a better picture. Well, that tipped him off because we never close our blinds.) He said he starting putting two & two together then, but it was too late to back out. I 'm just glad we all did a great job to keep it from him until then. I think he has forgiven me for all the deceit, and I know he had a great time. Thanks to all who came and helped make it a very special birthday for him.



We all waited somewhat patiently. Thankfully they are all good sports and went with the flow. You can't rush someone who doesn't know they are supposed to be a surprise party for themself.

Surprise!!!


The birthday boy himself. He doesn't quite look (or act) 35, but that's why we all love him.
Chow time! We had tacos to go along our Fiesta theme. Easy, yummy meal. And I can't forget to mention the desserts. I had a few of the ladies make things that are Bobby's favorites and it was all delicious!!

Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you!! (Poor Jamie is moving back as far as she can.)

Game time! We played the game where you write down two false statements & one true statement about yourself. Then Rob, our game master, read the statements out loud and we all had to vote on which one we thought was true. Obviously you are trying to make them have a hard choice when writing your statements down. The winner was the one who guessed the most true statements. Sorry, I forgot to get the winner a prize...there is always next time, right?! Needless to say there was a lot of laughing going on, and we learned a lot more about one another...which was the goal of the game.

Gag gift from the Lowe's...perfect for a homicide detective. :o)

It definitely was a special night for a very special person. Happy birthday to the best husband & dad I know. I love you!

3 comments:

Jessica LaTour said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!! And the giant cupcake is awesome! I've always wanted to try one of those ; )

Kellie said...

Glad he had a great birthday! What a wonderful surprise!

Dan LaTour said...

The surprise look on his face is such a great shot!

You can't blame him for trying to figure out the surprise, I mean that kinda is his job, right?