Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Guess what we did...

I bet you'll never guess where we went this past weekend. Oh ok, I'll go ahead and tell you...we went camping! I know that is a shocker, but we are trying to fit it every opportunity we have before having to winterize the camper. This was a quickie trip (just Friday & Saturday nights), but still just as fun. It is more like camping weather when it is cooler outside--there is something about sitting around a campfire in 90 degree weather that messes with your mind. So this trip we had cool, crisp mornings & evenings which was glorious. Sure our pictures seem the same from each trip to the novice, but to us they are quite different with each campsite we have and bring back many a memory so I still have to post them. This was my warning that if you are already bored with our camping, you can stop reading now. :)

Our spot this time was perfect for the kids playing in the woods. They all made their own forts and had mini-battles...pretty cool if you ask me.


Once again we admired God's creation. The beauty never gets old.

And of course we had to do a little hiking.


We broke out the fishing poles again. No catches, but it was fun trying. Someone left a container of chicken livers where we were fishing so that is what they used for bate (and the kids thought that was beyond great-mom not so much).

The kids made new friends this trip which is a bonus with camping--funny how the kids kind of look out for others their age. Trin & Zion found a family a couple of spots down from us with a little boy & girl that they loved playing with.


Bobby did some manly cooking over the campfire (breakfast and dinner one day)...and it was scrumptious. And he looks like a mountain man with his long locks and beard if I say so myself. (I can say that now because I just cut his hair and he shaved his beard off, so no more mountain man.)

3 comments:

Dan LaTour said...

Love how green it is at your campsites. Don't have much green here in the desert.

Kellie said...

Looks like fun!!! Glad you are enjoying the beautiful weather!

Jessica LaTour said...

I love all the pictures! You guys are so inspiring, taking 4 kids camping someday looks like it'll be oodles of fun! ; ) Can't wait!