Monday, January 11, 2010

Games, Games, Games

Yes, I realize it has been a couple of weeks since I blogged. Yes, we are alive and well. Yes, we have been doing lots and lots of things. And yes, I am learning to prioritize, and the blog isn't on the top of my list, unfortunately. I'm trying to keep up with it, but I just realized tonight that I haven't taken any pictures of our family since Christmas--and if you know me you know that is a little crazy. I always have my camera just in case something happens, but here lately I've been camera free and I guess blog free. Now we are in full swing again with school and work, so I'll perhaps get back to my regular routine of blogging.
Well, what have we been up to?? Learning new games would be one of them...don't we sound like a crazy bunch (more like old fogies, but that's o.k.) We are a game playing family, and I love it!! I love me some board games and card games (except Monopoly--takes way to long and I've never actually finished one game). Thankfully the kids love to play too, so it is something we all do as a family quite often. Bobby's Aunt Flavia introduced us to these two before she went back up to New York...Dominos and Sequence. I actually had never played either one , and now we all love them. The kids are a little too good at both of them (they had good teachers!!), and much to our embarrassment have beaten Bobby & I on more than one occasion. Oh, and I guess I should apologize to all who have come over to our house the past two weeks. Family and friends alike have been taught our new games. They all acted like the enjoyed it. We even played Dominos at some friends house as the new year came in...can we say addicted?? We had a blast with everyone, so I'm hoping they had fun too. It's amazing how time can fly when you're having fun. One night (other than New Years Eve) we played for over 4 hours...and now I see why I'm behind on blogging!! ;0)

1 comment:

Kellie said...

LOL... glad you are having fun with those games! It was good to see you post again, too. :)