Saturday, January 30, 2010

Crazy Weather

It snowed...a lot! They were forecasting multiple inches, but honestly I don't believe it until I see it. And I now see it. It started snowing yesterday around 6:00 p.m., and when we woke up this morning we had about 6 inches and it was still snowing. It is beautiful, but once again I'm reminded that I don't enjoy being wet and cold. I'll go out to do what I need to do, and then I'm ready to go in and sit in front of the fire with my coffee!!

The kids played out in it for a little while, but as soon as the wetness (a.k.a. frost bite) kicks in they are running back inside. We really need to invest in some snow clothes and boots. We would all probably have more fun, but I can't justify spending the money on the items when we don't get that much snow...I know I'm cheap (but at least I'll admit it).




We went up to the church to shovel off the sidewalks, and the boys (after shoveling for a little while) enjoyed a game of ice hockey. Fun times!!



Now that I am back inside and all warm and cozy, I am much more happy! I've had one cup of coffee and I'm already thinking of another. I definifely would not have made in back in the old days...we are so spoiled. But I am thankful for my warm house...that's got to count for something!! ;0)

2 comments:

Kellie said...

I am with you on investing in something we only use ONCE in a while. lol But, you probably would enjoy it more. I don't know how people did it long ago. We are spoiled, but I just choose to see it as I am very THANKFUL for what we have. LOL :) Glad you enjoyed that coffee!

Jessica LaTour said...

Oh my! That looks like so much fun! It's a winter wonderland! I doubt I'd survive in pioneer times too. ; )